Candle Burning Guide
A lot of work and care goes into creating each of our handcrafted candles. To ensure you get the most from your candle, we have created this candle burning guide for you with tips and safety information.
- Always keep your candle within sight while burning. Never leave a candle burning unattended.
- Keep your candle away from drafts and vibrations while lit or while cooling off.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Never burn your candle on or near anything flammable.
- When burning your candle, ensure you let it burn long enough for the wax to melt all the way to the edge of the jar. This is especially important the first time you burn the candle.
- Don't let your candle burn for more then 4 hours. If you burn your candle for too long it can get too hot and begin to burn down faster shortening the life of your candle.
- Always trim your candle wick before relighting it. You want the wick between 1/8" and 1/4". With our wooden wicks all you have to do is pinch off the loose black bits on the top of the wick. Remove all wick trimming from the jar before lighting the candle.
- If your flame is larger then 1.5" tall, your wick is too long and needs trimmed. Too large of a flame is a fire hazard, can create soot, and will cause your candle to burn down faster.
- When its time to blow out your candle do so gently to avoid splashing the wax. We also advise you to NOT put the candle out by placing the lid on the jar.